HOSTING A GRASSROOTS COURSE
Clubs that wish to serve as the host for an Delaware Youth Soccer Educational Course must make the following accommodations:
- The course will take 4 hours: 1 hour in the classroom, 2 hours on the field then 1 hour in the classroom
- Courses are set up for a 12:1 candidate to instructor ratio
- Players of the correct age & appropriate numbers are required for the field component:
- 4v4 Course: 8 Under-8 players
- 7v7 Course: 14 U9 or U10 players
- 9v9 (U11-U12) or 11v11 (U13) Course: 14-22 players
- Select a site that includes:
- Outdoor field with goals and, if possible, an indoor playing area to be used in case of bad weather.
- Classroom area with blackboard/whiteboard and a projection screen or area to project images.
- Select a site coordinator for the course. He/She will be the contact person for Delaware Youth Soccer and is responsible for opening and closing the facility for the course daily.
- Choose two possible dates for the course you would like to host.
- Complete this online application below and submit it for consideration. You will be notified when your application is reviewed.
Delaware Youth Soccer's Responsibilities:
- Delaware Youth Soccer will assign the instructor(s).
- Delaware Youth Soccer will post the course on the state’s website, the Digital Coaching Center (DLC) and promote the course. If the course enrollment is not met one week prior to start date of the course, the course will be cancelled or rescheduled.
- Certification and or licenses will be given only to those candidates who attend the entire course and successfully complete the course requirements. Licenses will be made accessible to the candidates through the DLC within three weeks after the course is finished.