US Youth Soccer President's Cup
The US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup is a National Championship tournament designed for those teams looking to play against teams of similar abilities for a national championship title. The Presidents Cup:
- Provides a progressive, competitive experience to the US Youth Soccer teams from the state to regional and national level
- Gives players an additional opportunity to compete against teams from across the country at a high level for the joy and the challenge of the game
- Provides the chance to experience a unique soccer event with camaraderie, community, and competition through sport
HOW DO WE PARTICIPATE
Representative teams that are registered with Delaware Youth Soccer are eligible to apply. If more than one team applies in an age group, a game or games will be scheduled to determine a winner to attend the Regional Event that will be held on June 16-18, 2018 in Barboursville, WV.
- CUP FORMAT: Teams U12-U18 for both boys and girls may enter the competition
- APPLICATION FEE: The cost is TBD per team to enter the state level event. Age groups with more than one entry, will play each other to determine a champion that will advance to the Region I Championship in Barboursville, WV
- TEAM ELIGIBILITY: Only representative teams that are registered with DYSA and US Youth Soccer may apply to compete in the Delaware and Region 1 Presidents Cup. All teams must compete in a league with 4 or more teams and play 3 games
- AGE GROUPS: U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 and 18 for boys and girls. U18 teams will not advance to the National Event.
- ROSTERS: Rosters for teams participating in the Presidents Cup will not be frozen until the teams State Association freezes rosters for National Championship play or 72 hours before the first Presidents Cup game, whichever comes first.
- GUEST PLAYERS: Guest players will NOT be allowed on any teams participating in the Region 1 Presidents Cup competition at any level.
- FORFEIT FEES: Any team forfeiting a Regional or sub group game will be fined $500 per game and will pay the entire referee fee of the forfeited game or games.
- APPLICATION: If your team is interested in registering and representing Delaware in the Region 1 Presidents Cup, please complete the application and mail a check and the application to DYSA, 222 Benjamin Blvd., Bear, DE 19701
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: The deadline to register is March 15, 2018. Teams will be notified by March 16, 2018 if there are other teams entered in their age group.
- GAME AVAILABILITY: All accepted teams must make themselves available for ALL Presidents Cup games. Game schedules will be determined by the number of teams that register in the respective age groups.
- FINES: Teams must recognize that the Region 1 Presidents Cup Teams that withdraw from the regional or national event 30 days before the event will be fined $1500. Teams that withdraw 5 days or less prior to the event will be fined $3000.
State Cup Champions from previous year will not be eligible to participate